Saturday, April 19, 2008

Make A Wish!

I had the neatest experience today! My good friend Bradley and I were asked to dress up like Beauty and the Beast to help a little girl's wish come true! If you haven't heard about the Make A Wish Foundation, it is so neat. They allow children who are suffering from various diseases to make a special, personal wish. The foundation then does everything that they can to make the childs wish come true, hoping this will encourage the children to fight through their health issues. Bradley and I had the opportunity to be a part of a young girl named Amelia, and her wish. We were able to spend some time with her and her family. We also sang her a song! It was so great to be able to have this opportunity. I was so glad that I got to share it with Bradley. What a special day it was! Bradley's mom was able to video record the whole thing. I can't wait to get the video! We didnt get to take our own pictures with Amelia, but her family is going to email us some of theirs!

BEAUTY & THE BEAST

Bradley getting all Beasty!


He played the Beast in high school and his mom did helped him with his make-up for everyshow! She came and helped. She did so much! THANKS SHAUNA!


Besides making Amelia's wish come true, this was a dream come true for me too! I have always wanted to play this role. I didnt get it my Sr, year in high school. But being able to do this was an incredible experience. I think the two things that stand out most to me about this opportunity was how grateful her family was, how much Amelia loved the songs from Beauty and the Beast. She was able to sing along with us for bits and pieces...it was cute!

6 comments:

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

What a fun experience! You look beautiful...i wish the pics would blow up! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Lindsay Ercanbrack said...

You are a perfect Belle! What a fun thing to do!

Alisha Johnson said...

Wow, you guys really do look the part. Very beautiful. What a special experience.

Your blog looks so great, I love it! :)

jill said...

That is so cute, I have always thought of you as Belle you look so pretty.

Chance & Leslee Lundgren said...

OK that story gave me chills! You are an angel Haley! :) What an amazing blessing. You are the perfect Belle too!

Shel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.