Sunday, November 11, 2007

Bittersweet Week

This week was a good reminder for me to see all of the Lord's tender mercies...even through life's daily annoying trials!

Hair School...
Had to stay late a few days this week...But received my biggest tip yet, $20.00!

Transportation...
My heater stopped working in my little Saturn...But my car still starts everyday!

Church Calling...
The person that was scheduled to do the musical number this week flaked out on me...But the music is better than ever in our singles ward!

Weather...
It is so cold i have to start scraping my windows!!! (The WORST)...But we have had a very long fall season which is my favorite!!

Appearance...
My face has been so broken out and my face wash cost me $75.00 dollars!...But, i think it is working!

Interests...
I have been sad about not singing often...But dad told me today that he would pay for me to take voice lessons!

Relationship...
One of my best friends is leaving for two years...But will be serving the Lord and helping grow the kingdom on earth!

7 comments:

Heidi said...

I love it. It's true, keep remembering the good stuff, and the bad stuff seems a lot more insignificant. I love you.

Cameron and Michelle said...

Haley, I don't know how i have missed your blog. You are so beautiful! I loved reading about your everyday trials. It was funny. Isn't it amazing how those are blessings. I had to say goodbye to my best friend for two years as well. i will never forget how hard it was at first. I bawled like crazy! I remember my mom rubbing my back and not knowing what to say. All I can say is that time heals everything and that his mission was the most amazing thing for him, me during those two years and now for our family! He is a cute guy. Good Luck! Love, your cuz Michelle

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

Thanks for YOUR example!!! i love you so much. How lucky am i to have the best sisters ever! Things are always tough...but, your doing it right and looking at the positive...
If you need anything will you please let me know? Can your car heater get fixed?

Leanne said...

Haley, Michelle told me about your blog. Your picture is gorgeous. I am so excited you are going to hair school. I am so grateful I have that skill, and I'm sure my family is too. Remember to do as many heads of hair you can, you want to make all your big mistakes in hair school. I would do as many color corrections as I could. Turning someone's hair pink or green is traumatic, but it's the best way to learn. Plus, there is always a way to fix a bad color job, it takes time, but there is always a way. Have Fun!!

The Allen Family said...

Hey Hailey! I found your blog from heidi's. Can I just say you are so beautiful! I love your attitude about looking for the good in trials. Thanks for reminding me, I need to be better! Sorry about your best friend leaving, it will be hard but SO worth it!

McGiven Family.... said...

Hey Haley this is Sarah McGiven! Cute blog! You are such a cutie. We should be friends. mcgivenfamily.blogspot.com

Jade said...

Haley h! Oh so good to hear from you! I love love the blog. You are so cute and inspiring. I can't wait to have you cut my hair the day i fly to Utah. I love your new bangs and I think I want you to give me some :) I love you keep in touch!